O. Reg. 600/20: POSSESSION, BUYING AND SELLING OF WILDLIFE
filed October 29, 2020 under Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 41Skip to content
ontario regulation 600/20
made under the
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997
Made: October 29, 2020
Filed: October 29, 2020
Published on e-Laws: October 29, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 14, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 666/98
(POSSESSION, BUYING AND SELLING OF WILDLIFE)
1. Section 9 of Ontario Regulation 666/98 is amended by adding “or” at the end of clause (b) and by revoking clause (c).
2. Subsections 18 (1) to (4) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(1) Upon completing any of the following activities, the holder of a fur dealer’s licence shall immediately make a record of the activity in accordance with the format established by the Ministry:
1. The purchase or receipt of a pelt.
2. The sale or disposition of a pelt.
3. The plucking, tanning or treating of a pelt.
(2) Within 14 days after the expiry of a fur dealer’s licence, the licence holder shall submit to the district manager of the Ministry a copy of the activities the licence holder recorded under subsection (1) during the period the licence was in effect.
(3) A licence holder shall retain the records made under subsection (1) for at least two years after the day on which the fur dealer’s licence expires.
(4) A licence holder who, during the entire period the licence is in effect, does not purchase, receive, sell or dispose of any pelts and does not pluck, tan or treat any pelts, shall submit a report confirming that fact to the district manager of the Ministry within 14 days following the expiry of the licence.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2021 and the day it is filed.