O. Reg. 621/20: INFORMATION ON INVOICES TO CERTAIN CLASSES OF CONSUMERS OF ELECTRICITY
filed November 6, 2020 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 621/20
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: November 5, 2020
Filed: November 6, 2020
Published on e-Laws: November 6, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 21, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 275/04
(INFORMATION ON INVOICES TO CERTAIN CLASSES OF CONSUMERS OF ELECTRICITY)
1. (1) Subsection 8.4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 275/04 is amended by striking out “who receive any rate protection or assistance referred to in paragraphs 1 to 5 of subsection (3)”.
(2) Subsection 8.4 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “or” at the end of subclause (a) (ii) and by revoking clause (b).
(3) Subsection 8.4 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Subject to subsections (3.2) to (8), an invoice issued to a consumer shall include, in a location where conservation or other utility messages to consumers are usually placed, the text “Total Ontario Support: $(amount determined in accordance with subsection (3.1)). To learn more about the Province’s electricity support programs, visit ontario.ca/yourelectricitybill.”.
(3.1) For the purposes of subsection (3), the amount to be included is the sum of the following amounts, respecting the billing period to which the invoice applies:
1. If the consumer is a consumer to whom section 6 of Ontario Regulation 442/01 (Rural or Remote Electricity Rate Protection) made under the Act applies, the amount of any rate protection provided to the consumer under that section.
2. The amount of any rate assistance provided to the consumer under section 79.2 of the Act.
3. The amount of any distribution rate protection provided to the consumer under section 79.3 of the Act.
4. The amount of any delivery credit provided to the consumer under section 79.4 of the Act.
5. The amount of financial assistance provided to the consumer under the Ontario Rebate for Electricity Consumers Act, 2016.
(3.2) If the sum of the amounts under subsection (3.1) for the billing period is $0, subsection (3) does not apply.
(4) Subsection 8.4 (9) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(9) A person who is subject to a requirement under this section shall comply with the requirement as soon as is reasonably possible after November 6, 2020, but in no event later than,
(a) January 1, 2021; or
(b) such later date as the Minister may specify for the person, on the person’s request, if the Minister is satisfied that the person is unable to meet the requirement before that later date for technical or operational reasons.
(10) This section, as it read immediately before November 6, 2020, continues to apply to the person until their compliance with this section as it reads as of that date.