O. Reg. 633/20: GENERAL
filed November 6, 2020 under Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, S.O. 2014, c. 11, Sched. 1Skip to content
ontario regulation 633/20
made under the
Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
Made: October 22, 2020
Filed: November 6, 2020
Published on e-Laws: November 6, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 21, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 137/15
1. (1) Clause (c.1) of the definition of “serious occurrence” in subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 137/15 is amended by striking out “or suspected” in the portion before subclause (i).
(2) Subclause (c.1) (vi) of the definition of “serious occurrence” in subsection 1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked.
(3) Subsection 1 (3) of the Regulation is revoked.
2. Subsection 61 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “section 60” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “sections 60 and 63”.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
62.1 Despite subsection 61 (4) and section 62, a licensee may permit a person who has not provided a vulnerable sector check as required under those provisions to continue their employment or volunteer position, or to continue providing home child care or otherwise interacting with children at a child care centre or home child care premises, if,
(a) the person has applied for a vulnerable sector check; and
(b) the employer puts additional measures in place to protect children who interact with the person until the vulnerable sector check is obtained.
4. Subsection 88.5 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
2.1 An explanation of how confirmed cases or an outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) will be communicated to parents.
. . . . .
3.1 Information about how personal protective equipment, including medical masks and eye protection, will be used, including when exemptions or exceptions will be permitted.
. . . . .
4.1 Information with respect to how attendance records will be organized and maintained in order to facilitate contact tracing.
5. (1) Subsection 88.6 (7) of the Regulation is revoked.
(2) Clauses 88.6 (12) (b) to (e) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(b) if the child’s placement is not available on June 12, 2020, the parent of the child is notified on the first day that a placement becomes available for the child that the placement will be available, without payment of a fee, for a 14-day period beginning on that day;
(c) unless the parent declines the placement, the placement remains available for the child for the time period specified in clause (a) or (b);
(d) no fee or deposit is charged or collected during the time period specified in clause (a) or (b); and
(e) no parent is penalized for using the full time period specified in clause (a) or (b) to decide whether to accept the placement.