O. Reg. 732/20: GENERAL
filed December 10, 2020 under Ontario Works Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 732/20
made under the
Ontario Works Act, 1997
Made: December 10, 2020
Filed: December 10, 2020
Published on e-Laws: December 11, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 26, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 134/98
1. Ontario Regulation 134/98 is amended by adding the following section:
53.3 (1) This section sets out rules respecting the treatment of the following types of payments:
1. Payments of benefits made under the Canada Recovery Benefits Act.
2. Payments made under the Employment Insurance Act (Canada), other than emergency response benefits under Part VIII.4 of that Act or a grant received under that Act and used for the purpose of purchasing a training course approved by the administrator.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), where payments referred to in subsection (1) are received by a member of a benefit unit and the payments would result in the recipient becoming ineligible for income assistance, the payments shall be exempt from income such that income assistance payable to the recipient is equal to $2.50.
(3) The exemption set out in subsection (2) only applies to payments referred to in subsection (1) that are,
(a) made in respect of a period after September 30, 2020 and before April 1, 2021; and
(b) received by a member of a benefit unit before April 1, 2021.
(4) The exemption set out in subsection (2) does not apply if the effective date of eligibility of the recipient falls in October 2020 or later.
2. This Regulation is deemed to have come into force on October 1, 2020.