O. Reg. 733/20: GENERAL
filed December 10, 2020 under Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 733/20
made under the
Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997
Made: December 10, 2020
Filed: December 10, 2020
Published on e-Laws: December 11, 2020
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 26, 2020
Amending O. Reg. 222/98
1. Ontario Regulation 222/98 is amended by adding the following section:
42.2 (1) This section sets out rules respecting the treatment of the following types of payments:
1. Payments of benefits made under the Canada Recovery Benefits Act.
2. Payments made under the Employment Insurance Act (Canada), other than emergency response benefits under Part VIII.4 of that Act or a grant received under that Act and used for the purpose of purchasing a training course approved by the Director.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), where payments referred to in subsection (1) are received by a member of a benefit unit and the payments would result in the recipient becoming ineligible for income support, the payments shall be exempt from income such that income support payable to the recipient is equal to $2.50.
(3) The exemption set out in subsection (2) only applies to payments referred to in subsection (1) that are,
(a) made in respect of a period after September 30, 2020 and before April 1, 2021; and
(b) received by a member of a benefit unit before April 1, 2021.
(4) The exemption set out in subsection (2) does not apply if the effective date of eligibility of the recipient falls in October 2020 or later.