O. Reg. 13/21: RESIDENTIAL EVICTIONS
filed January 13, 2021 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 13/21
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: January 13, 2021 (5:56 p.m.)
Filed: January 13, 2021
Published on e-Laws: January 13, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 30, 2021
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
No enforcement of evictions or writs of possession
1. (1) No person shall attend at a residential premises for the purpose of enforcing any of the following:
1. An order evicting a tenant under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.
2. A writ of possession issued by the Superior Court of Justice removing a person from their place of residence.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if,
(a) in respect of an order described in paragraph 1 of subsection (1), the Landlord and Tenant Board requests that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the order; or
(b) in respect of a writ of possession described in paragraph 2 of subsection (1), a judge of the Superior Court of Justice orders that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the writ.