O. Reg. 125/21: SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS
filed February 18, 2021 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 125/21
made under the
Made: February 16, 2021
Approved: February 17, 2021
Filed: February 18, 2021
Published on e-Laws: February 18, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 6, 2021
Amending Reg. 304 of R.R.O. 1990
(SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS)
1. Section 2 of Regulation 304 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4.1) Despite subsection (4), for the 2020-2021 school year, the following rules apply in respect of days in March, other than Saturdays and Sundays, that were designated as school holidays in a school calendar submitted under section 4 or 5, or as altered under section 6:
1. If March 15 to 19 were designated as school holidays, April 12 to 16 shall instead be designated as school holidays.
2. If five consecutive weekdays in March, other than March 15 to 19, were designated as school holidays, five consecutive weekdays beginning on or after April 19 shall instead be designated as school holidays.
3. If a day in March, other than a day mentioned in paragraph 1 or 2, was designated as a school holiday, the day shall continue to be designated as a school holiday.
4. Every board shall update every school calendar to reflect the changes needed to satisfy the rules set out in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 and any other changes made to the school calendar.
5. Every board shall notify the Minister and parents concerned of the updates to the school calendar as soon as possible.
2. (1) Section 5.2 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “2020-2021 school year” in the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting “2021-2022 school year”.
(2) Paragraph 4 of section 5.2 of the Regulation is amended by,
(a) striking out “on or before March 1, 2020” and substituting “on or before March 1, 2021”; and
(b) striking out “on or before April 15, 2020” and substituting “on or before April 15, 2021”.
Pris par :
Le ministre de l’Éducation,
Minister of Education