O. Reg. 127/21: RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 2
filed February 19, 2021 under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
ontario regulation 127/21
made under the
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
Made: February 19, 2021
Filed: February 19, 2021
Published on e-Laws: February 19, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 6, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 263/20
(RULES FOR AREAS IN STAGE 2)
1. (1) Subsection 4 (2) of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 263/20 is amended by striking out “(1.3)” and substituting “(1.2)”.
(2) Subsection 4 (4) of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “(1.3)” and substituting “(1.2)”.
(3) Section 4 of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(5) Subsections (1) to (1.2) do not apply to the rental of meeting or event space,
(a) to a provider of child care within the meaning of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014; or
(b) for the purpose of providing space for a day camp for children that is in compliance with section 15 of Schedule 2.
(6) Subsections (1) to (1.2) do not apply to the rental of meeting or event space for the purpose of conducting in-person examinations for the registration, licensing or accreditation of persons in any of the fields or occupations described in subsection 2 (1.1) of Schedule 3 to Ontario Regulation 82/20 (Rules for Areas in Stage 1) made under the Act, so long as no more than 50 students are permitted to occupy the rented space.
(4) The definition of “post-secondary institution” in subsection 6 (5) of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
“post-secondary institution” means,
(a) a university,
(b) a college of applied arts and technology,
(c) a private career college,
(d) an Indigenous Institute prescribed for the purposes of section 6 of the Indigenous Institutes Act, 2017,
(e) an institution that is authorized to grant a degree by an Act of the Legislature,
(f) a person who is delivering in-person teaching or instruction in accordance with a consent given under section 4 of the Post-secondary Education Choice and Excellence Act, 2000,
(g) a person approved to provide training for apprenticeship programs under paragraph 5 of section 64 of the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009, or
(h) any other institution that is a designated learning institution within the meaning of section 211.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Canada), other than a school or private school within the meaning of the Education Act.
2. (1) Paragraph 5 of subsection 3 (1) of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “an authorized recreational and skill building program” and substituting “child care”.
(2) Subsection 13 (4.1) of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “an authorized recreational and skill building program” and substituting “child care”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.