O. Reg. 285/21: OCCUPATION OF PUBLIC LANDS UNDER SECTION 21.1 OF THE ACT
filed April 15, 2021 under Public Lands Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.43Skip to content
ontario regulation 285/21
made under the
Public Lands Act
Made: April 15, 2021
Filed: April 15, 2021
Published on e-Laws: April 15, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 1, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 161/17
(OCCUPATION OF PUBLIC LANDS UNDER SECTION 21.1 OF THE ACT)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 161/17 is amended by adding the following definition:
“Forest Management Planning Manual” has the same meaning as in the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994; (“Manuel de planification de la gestion forestière”)
2. Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
5. Harvested wood only if the following conditions are met:
i. the person is storing the harvested wood on behalf of the Crown or under the authority of a forest resource licence granted under the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994.
ii. the harvested wood is being stored in a wood storage yard that is identified in a forest management plan approved under the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994.
iii. storage of the harvested wood in the identified wood storage yard is being undertaken in compliance with the operational standards for wood storage set out in,
A. the approved forest management plan applicable to the wood storage yard, and
B. any written approval applicable to the wood storage yard issued by the Regional Supervisor, Wood Measurement Section of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry in accordance with the Forest Management Planning Manual.
3. Paragraph 1 of section 6 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. The forest operations are conducted in accordance with a forest management plan approved under the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994 and are identified in an annual work schedule prepared in accordance with the Forest Management Planning Manual.