O. Reg. 294/21: ENFORCEMENT OF COVID-19 MEASURES
filed April 16, 2021 under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
ontario regulation 294/21
made under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Made: April 16, 2021 (10:40 p.m.)
Filed: April 16, 2021
Published on e-Laws: April 16, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 1, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 8/21
(ENFORCEMENT OF COVID-19 MEASURES)
1. (1) Section 1 of Schedule 1 to Ontario Regulation 8/21 is amended by adding the following definition:
“health unit” means a health unit as defined in the Health Protection and Promotion Act; (“circonscription sanitaire”)
(2) Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Requirement to provide information
2.1 (1) This section applies as of 12:01 a.m. on April 17, 2021.
(2) A police officer or other provincial offences officer may require any individual who is not in a place of residence to,
(a) provide the address of the residence at which they are currently residing; and
(b) provide their purpose for not being at their residence, unless the individual is in an outdoor or common area of their residence.
(3) A police officer, First Nations Constable or special constable, for the purpose of requiring an individual to provide information pursuant to subsection (2), may require the driver of a vehicle to stop, and the driver of a vehicle, when signalled or requested to stop by a police officer, First Nations Constable or special constable who is readily identifiable as such, shall immediately come to a safe stop.
(4) Every individual who is required under subsection (2) to provide a police officer or other provincial offences officer with information described in that subsection shall promptly comply.
(5) The powers described in subsections (2) and (3) may only be exercised in a health unit to which Ontario Regulation 265/21 (Stay-at-Home Order) made under the Act applies.
(6) The powers described in subsections (2) and (3) may only be exercised for the purpose of determining compliance with Ontario Regulation 265/21 (Stay-at-Home Order).