O. Reg. 431/21: SEAT BELT ASSEMBLIES
filed June 7, 2021 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 431/21
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: June 3, 2021
Filed: June 7, 2021
Published on e-Laws: June 7, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 26, 2021
Amending Reg. 613 of R.R.O. 1990
(SEAT BELT ASSEMBLIES)
1. Clause (b) of the definition of “taxicab” in subsection 7 (1) of Regulation 613 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(b) a passenger transportation vehicle designed for carrying one to nine passengers for which a U10 permit, as defined in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Vehicle Permits) made under the Act, is in effect.
2. (1) Paragraph 1of subsection 8.1 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. The driver of a taxicab or bus while transporting a passenger for hire.
(2) Subsection 8.1 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Despite paragraph 1 of subsection (1), the driver of a taxicab that transports children is not exempt from complying with subsections 8 (2), (3) and (4) while transporting children to or from school if the taxicab is operated by or under contract with a school board or other authority in charge of a school.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 2 of Schedule 23 to the Better for People, Smarter for Business Act, 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.