O. Reg. 598/21: RACES, CONTESTS AND STUNTS
filed August 27, 2021 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 598/21
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: August 26, 2021
Filed: August 27, 2021
Published on e-Laws: August 27, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 11, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 455/07
(RACES, CONTESTS AND STUNTS)
1. Section 5 of Ontario Regulation 455/07 is revoked and the following substituted:
Application of Act
5. (1) Pursuant to section 1.1 of the Act, section 172 of the Act applies to a specified place.
(2) For greater certainty, a provision in section 172 of the Act that governs the suspension of a driver’s licence or the impoundment of a motor vehicle applies to a specified place.
(3) Where section 172 of the Act applies to a specified place, the following provisions of this Regulation also apply in respect of the place:
1. Paragraph 2 of subsection 2 (1).
2. Paragraph 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6 of section 3.
(4) Where section 172 of the Act applies to a specified place, the following provisions of the Act also apply in respect of the place:
1. Subsection 7 (5).
2. Subsection 14 (1).
3. Section 33.
4. Subsection 35 (3).
5. Section 82.
6. Section 134.
7. Section 212.
8. Section 216.
9. Subsection 217 (2).
10. Section 221.
(5) This section does not apply to,
(a) a race track, motor speedway or go-cart track that is built specifically for that purpose in a specified place; or
(b) an event similar to those described in section 4 that is held in a specified place with the written approval of the road authorities having jurisdiction over any highways from which there is road access to the specified place.
(6) In this section,
“driver” includes a person with care, charge or control of a motor vehicle; (“conducteur”)
“parking lot” includes,
(a) any parking lot, garage or structure, whether public or private, paved or unpaved, flat or multilevel, above or below grade, including any driveway or road that connects the parking lot to a highway,
(b) any private, commercial or industrial parking lot or empty lot from which the public would ordinarily be excluded, and
(c) any parking lot into which drivers are expressly or impliedly invited or permitted to enter, with or without payment, and no matter whether payment is made or whether the driver entered with or without permission; (“parc de stationnement”)
“specified place” means any parking lot, beach, park, bike path or trail, farm field or sports field. (“endroit précisé”)