O. Reg. 606/21: CENTRE JULES-LÉGER CONSORTIUM MEETINGS
filed August 31, 2021 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 606/21
made under the
Made: August 26, 2021
Filed: August 31, 2021
Published on e-Laws: August 31, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 18, 2021
Centre Jules-Léger Consortium Meetings
Number of meetings
1. The Centre Jules-Léger Consortium shall meet at least three times,
(a) in the period beginning December 1, 2020 and ending November 30, 2021;
(b) in the period beginning December 1, 2021 and ending November 14, 2022; and
(c) in each 12-month period beginning November 15, 2022.
In-person attendance required of chair or designate
2. (1) If the chair is not physically present in the meeting room for a meeting of the Consortium, the meeting must be presided over by a member who is physically present in the meeting room and who is designated by the chair, even if the chair attends the meeting remotely.
(2) Each designation is for one meeting.
(3) If no chair or designate is physically present in the meeting room, the meeting must not proceed.
(4) The requirements under subsections (1) to (3) do not apply during the period beginning August 30, 2020 and ending November 14, 2022.
(5) On and after November 15, 2022, the requirements under subsections (1) to (3) do not apply for the period described in subsection (6) if all schools of the Consortium are closed pursuant to an order made by,
(a) the Minister under section 5 (1) of the Act;
(b) a medical officer of health or the Chief Medical Officer of Health under section 22 or 77.1 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act;
(c) the Lieutenant Governor in Council under paragraph 5 of subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act; or
(d) the Lieutenant Governor in Council under clause 4 (1) (a) of the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020.
(6) The period referred to in subsection (5) is determined as follows:
1. If an order is made under subsection (5) before November 15, 2022 and continues to apply on that date, the period starts on November 15, 2022 and ends 60 days after the order ceases to apply.
2. If an order is made under subsection (5) on or after November 15, 2022, the period starts on the day the order is made and ends 60 days after the order ceases to apply.
Amendments to this Regulation
3. (1) Clause 1 (a) of this Regulation is revoked.
(2) Clause 1 (b) of this Regulation is revoked.
(3) Subsection 2 (4) of this Regulation is revoked.
4. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), this Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 2 (1) of Schedule 3 to the Supporting Recovery and Competitiveness Act, 2021 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
(2) Subsection 3 (1) comes into force on December 1, 2021.
(3) Subsections 3 (2) and (3) come into force on November 15, 2022.