O. Reg. 674/21: GENERAL
filed September 24, 2021 under Civil Remedies Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 28Skip to content
ontario regulation 674/21
made under the
Civil Remedies Act, 2001
Made: September 23, 2021
Filed: September 24, 2021
Published on e-Laws: September 24, 2021
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 9, 2021
Amending O. Reg. 91/02
1. (1) Clause 3 (1) (b) of Ontario Regulation 91/02 is revoked and the following substituted:
(b) the amount of legal expenses determined in accordance with subsection (3).
(2) Subsection 3 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) For the purposes of clause (1) (b), the amount of legal expenses is the amount that would be payable for lawyers’ fees, fees for services of law clerks, articling students and investigators, disbursements and costs for travel time, calculated in accordance with the following rules:
1. Except as provided by paragraph 2, the legal expenses shall be calculated as if the expenses were reimbursable under the Legal Aid Services Act, 2020, subject to such modifications that may be required in the circumstances.
2. The legal expenses for lawyers’ fees and fees for services of law clerks, articling students and investigators shall be calculated based on a number of hours worked that the court finds to be reasonable.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 50 of Schedule 15 (Legal Aid Services Act, 2020) to the Smarter and Stronger Justice Act, 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.