O. Reg. 217/22: BUILDING CODE
filed March 16, 2022 under Building Code Act, 1992, S.O. 1992, c. 23Skip to content
ontario regulation 217/22
made under the
Building Code Act, 1992
Made: March 15, 2022
Filed: March 16, 2022
Published on e-Laws: March 16, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 2, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 332/12
1. Subsection 1.3.1. of Division C of Ontario Regulation 332/12 is amended by adding the following Article:
18.104.22.168. Information to be given to the Fire Chief or Clerk
(1) This Article applies to buildings,
(a) constructed using,
(i) lightweight pre-engineered floor or roof systems containing lightweight elements such as wood I-joists, cold-formed steel joists, wood truss assemblies with metal or wood plates and metal web wood joists, or
(ii) lightweight floor or roof systems containing solid sawn lumber joist less than 38 mm by 235 mm,
(b) other than a house, and
(c) for which a permit under section 8 of the Act is issued after July 1, 2022.
(2) The chief building official shall give the following information to the chief of the fire department and the clerk of every municipality that does not have a fire department in respect of buildings described in Sentence (1):
(a) the dates the permits are issued and the numbers or other identifying symbols for the permits,
(b) the address of the building, and
(c) a description of the floor or roof system.
(3) The chief building official shall give the information described in Sentence (2) within 45 days after the day on which the permits to which the information relates are issued.
(4) The time period described in Sentence (3) shall not include Saturdays, holidays and all other days when the offices of the principal authority are not open for the transaction of business with the public.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2022 and the day it is filed.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: March 15, 2022