O. Reg. 268/22: AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE
filed April 4, 2022 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 268/22
made under the
Made: March 31, 2022
Filed: April 4, 2022
Published on e-Laws: April 4, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 23, 2022
Amending Reg. 664 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Clause 5 (2) (h) of Regulation 664 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “under Schedule C of the Act or”.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section immediately after the heading “Direct Compensation—Property Damage (Clause 263 (5) (b) of the Act)”:
Election not to recover damages
5.2 (1) For the purpose of subsection 263 (2.2) of the Act, an insured may elect not to recover damages from the insured’s insurer by providing written confirmation to the insured’s insurer indicating that, in respect of the automobile named in the written confirmation, the insured elects not to recover damages under subsection 263 (2) of the Act.
(2) The written confirmation shall be in a form approved by the Chief Executive Officer.
(3) An insured may revoke their election by providing notice to the insured’s insurer.
3. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 1 comes into force on the later of the day subsection 6 (1) of Schedule 7 to the Better for People, Smarter for Business Act, 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
(3) Section 2 comes into force on the later of the day subsection 2 (2) of Schedule 22 to the Protect, Support and Recover from COVID-19 Act (Budget Measures), 2020 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.