O. Reg. 433/22: GENERAL
filed April 25, 2022 under Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 433/22
made under the
Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997
Made: April 14, 2022
Filed: April 25, 2022
Published on e-Laws: April 26, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 14, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 222/98
1. Section 45 of Ontario Regulation 222/98 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(4) Subsections (5) and (6) apply where a person in receipt of income support one month ceases to be eligible for income support the following month due to the fact that,
(a) a member of the person’s benefit unit has received a payment made under the Better Jobs Ontario program that is administered by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development; and
(b) as a result of the payment received under the Better Jobs Ontario program, the income of the person’s benefit unit, as determined under this Regulation, has exceeded or become equal to the benefit unit’s budgetary requirements, as determined under this Regulation.
(5) The benefits set out in subparagraphs 1 i, ii, ii.1, iii, iii.1, v, vi and vii and paragraph 1.1 of subsection 44 (1) shall be paid with respect to each member of the person’s benefit unit for the period described in subsection (6) of this section if,
(a) the person meets the conditions relating to eligibility for income support referred to in clauses 5 (1) (a), (b), (d) and (e) of the Act;
(b) the Director is satisfied that the member of the benefit unit meets the criteria for the benefit, as set out in the subparagraph or paragraph, as the case may be; and
(c) the costs of the benefits are not otherwise reimbursed or subject to reimbursement.
(6) The period during which the person is eligible to receive benefits under subsection (5) begins on the day on which the person ceases to be eligible for income support in accordance with subsection (4) and ends on the earlier of,
(a) the last day of the month before the month in which the person becomes eligible for income support or income assistance under the Ontario Works Act, 1997; and
(b) the last day of the month in which a member of the benefit unit receives their last payment under the Better Jobs Ontario program.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.