O. Reg. 531/22: CERTIFICATION OF RECORDINGS AND TRANSCRIPTS
filed November 25, 2022 under Evidence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.23Skip to content
ontario regulation 531/22
made under the
Made: November 10, 2022
Filed: November 25, 2022
Published on e-Laws: November 25, 2022
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 10, 2022
Amending O. Reg. 158/03
(CERTIFICATION OF RECORDINGS AND TRANSCRIPTS)
1. (1) Subsection 4 (1) of Ontario Regulation 158/03 is revoked and the following substituted:
Certification of transcripts
(1) A transcript made under subsection 5 (2) of the Act from a recording made under subsection 5 (1) of the Act by means of an approved device shall be certified by a person described in subsection (1.1),
(a) in paper format in Form 2, if the transcript is in paper format; or
(b) in electronic format in Form 3, if the transcript is in electronic format.
(1.1) The transcript shall be certified by a person who has proofread the transcript in its entirety against the recording to confirm that the transcript is accurate, but need not be the same person who transcribed the recording.
(2) Subsection 4 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “The person who transcribes the recording and certifies the transcript shall be a person” at the beginning and substituting “The recording shall be transcribed, and the transcript proofread and certified, by a person”.
(3) Subsections 4 (3), (4) and (5) of the Regulation are amended by adding “or 3” after “Form 2” wherever it appears.
(4) Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(6) Subsections (3) to (5) apply with respect to any electronically distributed or duplicated copy of an electronic transcript certified in Form 3.
2. (1) The row for Form 2 in the Table of Forms to the Regulation is amended by striking out “March 17, 2011” in the column titled “Date of Form” and substituting “September 1, 2022”.
(2) The Table of Forms to the Regulation is amended by adding the following row:
Electronic Certificate of Transcript (Subsection 5 (2))
September 1, 2022
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day that is 10 days after the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
Le procureur général,