O. Reg. 67/23: RABIES IMMUNIZATION
filed April 6, 2023 under Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.7Skip to content
ontario regulation 67/23
made under the
Health Protection and Promotion Act
Made: April 5, 2023
Filed: April 6, 2023
Published on e-Laws: April 6, 2023
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 22, 2023
Amending Reg. 567 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Clauses 4 (a) and (b) of Regulation 567 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 are revoked and the following substituted:
(a) carried out by a veterinarian in Canada or the United States of America who is authorized to practise as a veterinarian in the jurisdiction where the vaccine is administered, or by the lawfully authorized delegate of such a veterinarian; and
(b) by inoculation with a rabies vaccine that is licensed for use in the jurisdiction where it is administered and that is administered in accordance with the instructions of the manufacturer who produced the vaccine.
2. (1) Subsection 5 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding “or who authorized the delegate to carry out the immunization” at the end.
(2) Subsection 5 (2) of the Regulation is amended by adding “or who authorized the delegate to carry out the immunization” after “carried out the immunization”.
3. Section 6 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “the veterinarian who performed the immunization” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “the veterinarian who carried out the immunization or who authorized the delegate to carry out the immunization”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2023 and the day this Regulation is filed.