O. Reg. 283/23: REGISTRATION
filed August 21, 2023 under Homeopathy Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 10, Sched. QSkip to content
ontario regulation 283/23
made under the
Homeopathy Act, 2007
Made: July 28, 2023
Approved: August 17, 2023
Filed: August 21, 2023
Published on e-Laws: August 21, 2023
Published in The Ontario Gazette: September 9, 2023
Amending O. Reg. 18/14
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 18/14 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
2. The Table to section 5 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following item:
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following sections:
Registration requirements, Emergency class
13.1 (1) The following are registration requirements for an Emergency certificate of registration:
1. The Minister must have requested that the College initiate registrations under this class based on the Minister’s opinion that emergency circumstances call for it, or the Council must have determined, after taking into account all of the relevant circumstances that impact the ability of applicants to meet the ordinary registration requirements, that there are emergency circumstances, and that it is in the public interest that the College issue emergency certificates of registration.
2. The applicant must have satisfied the educational requirements set out in paragraph 1 of subsection 6 (1) or have completed a program in another jurisdiction that is equivalent to a program described in that paragraph in the opinion of the Registration Committee.
3. The applicant must have successfully completed the jurisprudence course set or approved by the Registration Committee.
(2) The requirements set out in subsection (1) are non-exemptible.
(3) Where the applicant has not successfully completed at least one of the requirements of paragraph 2 of subsection (1) within the three-year period immediately before the date on which the applicant submitted their completed application for an Emergency certificate of registration, it is an additional requirement that the applicant has,
(a) practised the profession for 750 hours in that three-year period; or
(b) successfully completed a refresher program approved by the Registration Committee.
Moving from Emergency class to Full Certificate
13.2 (1) A member who holds an Emergency certificate of registration, or a former member who held an Emergency certificate of registration within the previous six months, may be issued a Full certificate of registration despite not having met the requirements set out in paragraph 3 of subsection 6 (1), if they apply for the Full certificate of registration and,
(a) satisfy all other requirements for the Full certificate of registration; and
(b) provide satisfactory evidence based on their practice of the profession, that they will practice competently and ethically with or without supervision.
Expiry of an Emergency certificate
13.3 (1) Unless stated otherwise on the certificate, an Emergency certificate of registration expires on March 31 following the date it is issued unless otherwise renewed.
(2) Unless stated otherwise on the certificate, a renewed Emergency certificate of registration expires on March 31 following the date it was issued, unless otherwise renewed.
(3) Despite subsections (1) and (2), an Emergency certificate of registration expires six months after the date the Council or the Minister determines that emergency circumstances referred to in paragraph 1 of section 13.1 no longer exist even where the certificate would otherwise expire before or after that time.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day subsection 3 (3) of Schedule 6 to the Pandemic and Emergency Preparedness Act, 2022 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.
Pris par :
Council of the College of Homeopaths of Ontario:
Le Conseil de l’Ordre des homéopathes de l’Ontario :
Registrar & CEO / Registraire & dgé
President / Président