O. Reg. 284/23: GENERAL
filed August 21, 2023 under Kinesiology Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 10, Sched. OSkip to content
ontario regulation 284/23
made under the
Kinesiology Act, 2007
Made: August 1, 2023
Approved: August 17, 2023
Filed: August 21, 2023
Published on e-Laws: August 21, 2023
Published in The Ontario Gazette: September 9, 2023
Amending O. Reg. 401/12
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 401/12 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
2. The Table to section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following item:
Kinesiologist registered in the Emergency Class
R. Kin (Emerg)
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
9.1 (1) The following are non-exemptible registration requirements for an emergency certificate of registration:
1. The Minister must have requested that the College initiate registrations under this class based on the Minister’s opinion that emergency circumstances call for it or the Council must have determined, after taking into account all of the relevant circumstances that impact the ability of applicants to meet the ordinary registration requirements, that there are emergency circumstances and that it is in the public interest that the College issue emergency certificates of registration.
2. The applicant must satisfy the registration requirements set out in clauses 5 (1) (a), (c), and (d).
3. The applicant must have either,
i. satisfied the program requirements described in clause 5 (1) (a) no more than two years prior to the date of application for the emergency certificate of registration, or
ii. practised the profession of kinesiology for at least 1500 hours during the three years immediately prior to the date of the application for the emergency certificate of registration.
(2) An applicant who has failed the registration examination set by Council under section 10 on their third attempt is not eligible for an emergency certificate unless the applicant has successfully completed another program which satisfies the requirements in clause 5 (1) (a).
(3) Every emergency certificate of registration is subject to the following terms, conditions, and limitations:
1. The member shall practise kinesiology only under the supervision of a holder of a general class certificate of registration whose certificate is not subject to additional terms, conditions and limitations and who is in good standing.
2. The member shall, at all times when providing kinesiology services, identify themselves as practising under supervision.
3. The member must satisfy the professional liability insurance requirements set out in paragraph 1 of subsection 7 (1).
4. The Registrar may revoke the certificate at any time where the Registrar is satisfied that it is in the public interest to do so based on the circumstances of the particular case.
5. Unless another period of less than one year is stated on the certificate, the certificate expires at the end of the registration year under the College by-laws, unless it is renewed.
6. Unless another period of less than one year is stated on the certificate, a renewed emergency certificate of registration expires one year after is it is issued, unless it is renewed again.
7. Despite paragraphs 5 and 6, an emergency certificate of registration expires 90 days after the date the Council determines that emergency circumstances no longer exist even where the certificate would otherwise expire before or after that time.
(4) A member who holds, or who held in the previous six months, an emergency certificate of registration may be issued a general certificate of registration despite not having met the requirements set out in clause 5 (1) (b) and subsection 5 (2), if the member,
(a) applies for the general certificate of registration;
(b) satisfies all other requirements for the general certificate of registration;
(c) satisfies the registration requirement described in subparagraph 3 ii of subsection (1) of this section at the time of applying for the emergency certificate of registration;
(d) provides satisfactory evidence based on their practice for a period of at least one year under the emergency certificate of registration that the member has the knowledge, skills and judgement to practise kinesiology competently; and
(e) successfully completes a peer and practice assessment designed to assess the practice competencies of a holder of an emergency certificate of registration.
(5) The requirements in clauses (4) (b), (c), (d) and (e) are non-exemptible.
Pris par :
Council of the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario:
Le Conseil de l’Ordre des kinésiologues de l’Ontario :
Registrar / Registraire
Vice President / Vice Président