O. Reg. 311/00: LICENCES TO SELL LIQUOR
filed May 23, 2000 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 311/00
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: May 17, 2000
Filed: May 23, 2000
Amending Reg. 719 of R.R.O. 1990
(Licences to Sell Liquor)
Note: Since the end of 1998, Regulation 719 has been amended by Ontario Regulations 122/99, 252/99, 354/99 and 591/99. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations in the Statutes of Ontario, 1998.
1. Clause 11.2 (4) (a) of Regulation 719 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by inserting “approved by the board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario” after “event”.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following sections:
11.3 (1) Subject to this section, the premises located at the Kingswood Music Theatre at Paramount Canada’s Wonderland, 9580 Jane Street, Vaughan are exempt from section 11.
(2) Sections 76, 76.1 and 78, subsections 79 (1) and (4), sections 81, 82, 83, 85, 86 and 92 apply to the sale and service of liquor at Kingswood Music Theatre as if it were a stadium and references in section 82 or 83 to the tiered seats shall be deemed to be references to Kingswood Music Theatre.
(3) The licence holder shall ensure that the conditions of the licence are met.
(4) The licence holder may sell and serve liquor for consumption by patrons at Kingswood Music Theatre only,
(a) during the 90 minutes before the scheduled commencement of an event approved by the board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario at which the majority of the patrons are 19 years of age or older; and
(b) during an event mentioned in clause (a) but not later than 30 minutes before it is scheduled to end.
(5) The licence holder shall not sell and serve to any one person at any one time for consumption at Kingswood Music Theatre,
(a) more than two 170 millilitre containers of wine;
(b) more than 800 millilitres of liquor other than wine; or
(c) more than one 170 millilitre container of wine and one 400 millilitre container of liquor other than wine.
(6) The licence holder shall ensure that no person at Kingswood Music Theatre, other than persons who serve liquor, shall be in possession of liquor except if that person is in the tiered seating area.
(7) The licence holder shall ensure that no person in the tiered seating area, other than persons who serve liquor, shall be in possession of liquor in quantities exceeding those mentioned in subsection (5).
11.4 In considering an event for approval under clauses 11.2 (4) (a) and 11.3 (4) (a), the board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario shall not approve the event unless the conditions set out in clauses 80 (2.2) (a) and (b) are satisfied.
3. (1) Subsection 80 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “or” at the end of clause (a) and by adding the following clauses:
(c) during a live music concert approved by the board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and held at the stadium; or
(d) during the 90 minutes before a live music concert approved under clause (c).
(2) Section 80 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2.2) The board of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario shall not approve a live music concert for the purposes of clause (1) (c) unless,
(a) the lighting for the tiered seating of the stadium during the concert is sufficient to conduct inspections under the Act and this Regulation;
(b) the promoter of or the performers in the concert have consented in writing to the sale and service of liquor in the tiered seats; and
(c) the majority of the patrons at the concert are 19 years of age or older.
(3) Subsection 80 (3) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following clause:
(g) in the case of a live music concert, 30 minutes before the scheduled end of the concert.