O. Reg. 617/00: GENERAL
filed November 30, 2000 under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 617/00
made under the
health insurance act
Made: November 29, 2000
Filed: November 30, 2000
Amending Reg. 552 of R.R.O. 1990
1. The definition of “schedule of benefits” in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
“schedule of benefits” means the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care document titled “Schedule of Benefits — Physician Services under the Health Insurance Act (July 1, 2000)” and including the amendments dated December 1, 2000;
2. (1) Subsection 24 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
(1) The following services rendered by physicians or practitioners are not insured services and are not part of insured services unless, in the case of services rendered by physicians, they are specifically listed as an insured service or as part of an insured service in the schedule of benefits:
. . . . .
(2) Paragraph 5 of subsection 24 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
5. Advice given by telephone to an insured person at the request of the person or the person’s representative.
(3) Paragraph 10 of subsection 24 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
10. A service that is solely for the purpose of altering or restoring appearance.
3. This Regulation comes into force on December 1, 2000.