O. Reg. 630/00: QUALIFICATIONS OF BOARDS OF HEALTH STAFF
filed December 7, 2000 under Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.7Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 630/00
made under the
health protection and promotion act
Made: December 6, 2000
Filed: December 7, 2000
Amending Reg. 566 of R.R.O. 1990
(Qualifications of Boards of Health Staff)
1. Sections 3 and 4 of Regulation 566 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 are revoked and the following substituted:
3. (1) The requirements for employment as a public health dentist of a board of health are that the person be the holder of,
(a) a specialty certificate of registration in public health dentistry from the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario; or
(b) a general certificate of registration and have successfully completed an approved diploma or degree program in public health consisting of a minimum of 22 months of full-time instruction.
(2) A person employed as a public health dentist of a board of health on or before December 31, 2000 may continue to be employed as a public health dentist of the board of health.
4. The requirements for employment as a dental hygienist of a board of health are that the person be registered as a dental hygienist with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
2. Subsection 7 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(1) The requirements for employment as a public health nutritionist by a board of health are that the person be registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and that the person,
. . . . .
3. This Regulation comes into force on January 1, 2001.