O. Reg. 179/01: ONTARIO STUDENT LOANS
filed May 28, 2001 under Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.19Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 179/01
made under the
Ministry of training, colleges
and universities act
Made: May 16, 2001
Filed: May 28, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 16, 2001
Amending Reg. 774 of R.R.O. 1990
(Ontario Student Loans)
1. (1) Section 9.2 of Regulation 774 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(1.3) Despite subsection (1), if a borrower received and was entitled to receive loans under this Regulation or the Canada Student Financial Assistance Act for at least two academic terms, each of which began in the 12-month period beginning on August 1 in 2000 or in any year after 2000, and the borrower was granted a scholarship under subsection 27 (1) of the Budget Implementation Act, 1998 (Canada) for one or more academic terms that begin in that same 12-month period, the total principal amount owing on the borrower’s student loans in respect of the academic terms that began during that 12-month period shall be reduced by the amount calculated in accordance with the formula in subsection (1) plus $500.
(1.4) If subsection (1.3) applies and the reduction calculated under that subsection is greater than zero but less than $25, the amount of the reduction under that subsection is deemed to be $25.
(2) Subsection 9.2 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Subsections (1), (1.1) and (1.3) do not apply in respect of an academic term if the borrower withdrew or was expelled from the approved course of studies before completing that academic term, unless the Minister, after having considered the particular facts and the special circumstances of the borrower, determines that subsection (1), (1.1) or (1.3) should apply.
(3) Subsection 9.2 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Subsection (1) or (1.1)” and substituting “Subsection (1), (1.1) or (1.3)”.
(4) Subsection 9.2 (4) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “subsection (1) or (1.1)” and substituting “subsection (1), (1.1) or (1.3)”.