O. Reg. 350/01: HUNTINGSkip to content
ontario regulation 350/01
made under the
fish and wildlife
conservation act, 1997
Made: August 29, 2001
Filed: August 31, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 15, 2001
Amending O. Reg. 665/98
Note: Since the end of 2000, Ontario Regulation 665/98 has been amended by Ontario Regulations 88/01 and 349/01. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations published in The Ontario Gazette dated January 20, 2001.
1. Subsections 43 (2) and (3) of Ontario Regulation 665/98 are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) If the person is issued a second seal, the person may kill a second deer of the type specified on the seal, in the area and under the conditions specified on the seal.
(3) A second seal may only be issued for the following wildlife management units: 59, 63B, 64A, 64B, 65, 66A, 66B, 67, 69A, 69B, 70, 71, 72A, 72B, 73, 74A, 74B, 75, 78A, 78B, 78C, 78D, 78E, 79C, 79D, 80, 82A, 82B, 82C, 84, 85A, 85B, 85C, 86A, 86B, 87A, 87B, 87C, 87D, 87E, 88, 89A, 89B, 90A, 90B, 91A, 91B, 92A, 92B, 92C, 92D, 93A, 93B, 94A and 94B.
2. Subsection 45 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply to a person hunting in the wildlife management units specified in subsection 43 (3).
3. Section 46 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) Despite subsection 40 (1), a holder of a resident licence to hunt deer or a farmer’s licence to hunt deer shall not hunt deer in the areas and open season periods described in item 43.2 in Table 5 of Ontario Regulation 670/98 (Open Seasons — Wildlife) without a controlled deer hunt validation tag valid for the period, in the area and under the conditions specified in the item.
4. Subsection 55 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) An assistant whose licence bears a permission shall not hunt or use a firearm to hunt moose unless the assistant,
(a) holds a partner permit issued under clause 52 (2.1) (b); or
(b) is retrieving moose shot by the person whose mobility is impaired.