O. Reg. 65/03: SCHOOL ATTENDANCE RIGHTS - NON-RESIDENT PROPERTY OWNERS
filed March 10, 2003 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 65/03
made under the
Made: March 5, 2003
Filed: March 10, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 29, 2003
Amending O. Reg. 471/98
(School Attendance Rights — Non-Resident Property Owners)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 471/98 is revoked and the following substituted:
1. For the purposes of this Regulation, the assessment limit of a board for a fiscal year of the board in which a person seeks to exercise a right described in section 43.1 of the Act to attend a school of the board is the amount calculated using the formula,
“A” is the sum of,
(a) the assessment of residential property taxable for the board’s purposes, according to the last returned assessment roll, and
(b) the board’s share of assessment of business property, according to the last returned assessment roll, for each municipality and for territory without municipal organization as determined by applying, where applicable, the enrolment proportions in each common jurisdictional area as calculated by the Minister under subsection 257.8 (3) of the Act, and
“B” is the day school average daily enrolment for the board, as calculated for the purposes of making grants for educational purposes to the board under section 234 of the Act for that fiscal year.
2. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
2. This Regulation does not apply with respect to residential property that is assessed under the multi-residential property class or the new multi-residential property class.
3. Section 7 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
7. Nothing in this Regulation shall be interpreted to give a person a right to attend a school during a period of time when the person is subject to a full expulsion under section 309 of the Act.