O. Reg. 317/03: GENERAL
filed July 28, 2003 under Off-Road Vehicles Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.4Skip to content
ontario regulation 317/03
made under the
Off-road vehicles act
Made: July 24, 2003
Filed: July 28, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 16, 2003
Amending Reg. 863 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 3 of Regulation 863 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
1.1 Vehicles designed for use on all terrains, commonly known as all-terrain vehicles, that have steering handlebars and a seat that is designed to be straddled by the driver.
1.2 Vehicles designed for utility applications or uses on all terrains that have four or more wheels and a seat that is not designed to be straddled by the driver.
2. Subsection 4 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) The areas set out in Schedule 1 are designated as areas within which subsection 2 (2) of the Act does not apply.
3. Section 11 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
11. The requirements for a helmet for the purpose of section 19 of the Off-Road Vehicles Act are those set out for motorcycles in Regulation 610 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 made under the Highway Traffic Act.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day it is filed and the day Part X.3 of the Highway Traffic Act is proclaimed in force.