O. Reg. 400/03: GENERAL
filed November 27, 2003 under Farm Implements Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.4Skip to content
ontario regulation 400/03
made under the
fArm implements act
Made: November 20, 2003
Filed: November 27, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 13, 2003
Amending Reg. 369 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 3 of Regulation 369 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked.
2. The following provisions of the Regulation are amended by striking out “the Board” and substituting “the Director” and by making the necessary grammatical changes in the French version:
1. Clause 4 (1) (b), in the portion before subclause (i).
2. Clause 4 (1) (c), in the portion before subclause (i).
3. Clause 4 (2) (b), in the portion before subclause (i).
4. Clause 4 (2) (c), in the portion before subclause (i).
5. Subsection 4 (3), at the beginning.
6. Clause 5 (b).
7. Clause 7 (2) (b).
8. Subsection 7 (3).
3. The English version of subclause 4 (2) (c) (iii.1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “implements” and substituting “farm implements”.
4. (1) The French version of subsection 7 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following: “Tout vendeur d’appareils agricoles neufs doit, au moment de la livraison d’un appareil agricole neuf à l’acheteur:”.
(2) Section 7 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4.1) A dealer who sells new or used liquid manure spreaders shall, at the time of delivery of the manure spreader to the purchaser, provide, in addition to the information the dealer is required to provide to a purchaser under subsections (1) and (4), a safety manual that identifies,
(a) the hazards associated with liquid manure spreaders, such as the presence of toxic gases in the manure tank of the spreader; and
(b) the measures that a prudent operator would take to minimize the risk of the hazards.
(3) The English version of subsection 7 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “implements” and substituting “farm implements”.
(4) Subsection 7 (5) of the Regulation is amended by adding “or (4.1)” after “subsection (4)”.
(5) The English version of subsection 7 (8) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “used implement” and substituting “used farm implement”.
5. The French version of subsection 11 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “les nouveaux tracteurs” and substituting “les tracteurs neufs”.
6. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
12. No dealer shall sell or offer for sale a new or used liquid manure spreader unless it meets the following safety standards and requirements for safety decals in addition to those prescribed in section 7:
1. The fill opening in the manure tank of the spreader must be covered by a semi-permanent grate that will prevent a person from entering the tank when the grate is in place.
2. The grate must be attached to the tank so that, when it is removed from the fill opening, it remains attached to the tank.
3. There must be no ladders or steps installed inside the tank of the spreader.
4. A safety decal, that is a safety warning about the hazards associated with liquid manure spreaders and that is in the form that the Director approves, must be affixed,
i. to the front of the manure tank of the spreader, and
ii. close to all ladders mounted on the outside of the tank.
Minister of Agriculture and Food
Date made: November 20, 2003.