O. Reg. 451/03: BLUE BOX WASTE
filed December 19, 2003 under Waste Diversion Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 6Skip to content
ontario regulation 451/03
made under the
waste diversion act, 2002
Made: December 22, 2003
Filed: December 22, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 10, 2004
Amending O. Reg. 273/02
(Blue Box Waste)
1. Ontario Regulation 273/02 is amended by adding the following section:
Industry funding organization
2. (1) The corporation named Stewardship Ontario is continued and is designated as the industry funding organization for the waste diversion program for blue box waste approved by the Minister under section 26 of the Act.
(2) Stewardship Ontario is composed of the members of its board of directors.
(3) The board of directors shall be composed of the following members:
1. One member appointed by the Canadian Council of Grocery Distributors.
2. One member appointed by the Canadian Newspaper Association.
3. One member appointed by the Food and Consumer Products Manufacturers of Canada.
4. One member appointed by the Liquor Control Board of Ontario.
5. One member appointed by Refreshments Canada.
6. One member appointed by the Retail Council of Canada.
7. One member appointed jointly by the Canadian Paint and Coatings Association and the Canadian Consumer Specialty Products Association.
8. The chief executive officer of Stewardship Ontario.
(4) Each member of the board of directors, other than the chief executive officer of Stewardship Ontario, may appoint an alternate who, in his or her absence, may participate in board meetings and vote on matters before the board.
Minister of the Environment
Date made: December 22, 2003.