O. Reg. 266/04: GENERAL
filed August 26, 2004 under Massage Therapy Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 27Skip to content
ontario regulation 266/04
made under the
massage therapy act, 1991
Made: July 8, 2004
Approved: August 25, 2004
Filed: August 26, 2004
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 11, 2004
Amending O. Reg. 544/94
1. Ontario Regulation 544/94 is amended by adding the following Part:
1. In setting the examinations to be taken by applicants to the College for registration, the College shall specify the general areas of competency to be examined and shall ensure that the examinations provide a reliable and valid measure of a candidate’s competency in knowledge, skills and ability for the practice of massage therapy in Ontario.
2. Written and practical examinations shall be offered at least twice yearly and at such other times as the Council considers necessary.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a candidate who fails the examinations may apply for re-examination.
(2) In every case where a candidate has failed the examinations three times after obtaining a diploma from a massage therapy program acceptable to the Registration Committee, the candidate is not eligible to apply to take the examinations again without obtaining another diploma from a massage therapy program acceptable to the Registration Committee.
4. Ontario Regulation 712/93 (Examinations) made under the Act continues to apply to a person who had, before the revocation of that regulation, applied to take the examinations for the purpose of applying to the College for registration.
Council of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario:
Date made: July 8, 2004.