O. Reg. 291/04: Hunting
filed September 24, 2004 under Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 41Skip to content
ontario regulation 291/04
made under the
fish and wildlife conservation act, 1997
Made: September 23, 2004
Filed: September 24, 2004
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 9, 2004
Amending O. Reg. 665/98
1. Subsection 29 (1) of Ontario Regulation 665/98 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) A non-resident small game licence authorizes a non-resident to hunt,
(a) game birds, other than wild turkey;
(b) game birds including wild turkey on a game bird hunting reserve;
(c) varying hare, cottontail, European hare, gray squirrel, fox squirrel, raccoon, red fox, gray fox, coyote and wolf; and
(d) migratory game birds.
2. Section 58 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) Despite subsection (1), a resident may kill a second bear under a licence to hunt bear if the resident is issued a second seal and the hunting is carried out in the manner and in the area specified on the seal.
3. Section 59 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) The holder of a resident licence to hunt bear who is provided a questionnaire relating to the hunting activities carried out under that licence shall complete the questionnaire and return it to the office of the Ministry specified in the questionnaire by December 15 in the year of the hunt.
4. Subparagraph 1 ii of subsection 86 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding “43.1.1” after “43”.
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 3 comes into force on January 1, 2005.