O. Reg. 377/05: GENERAL
filed June 24, 2005 under Ontario Works Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 377/05
made under the
Ontario Works Act, 1997
Made: June 22, 2005
Filed: June 24, 2005
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 9, 2005
Amending O. Reg. 134/98
1. Section 17 of Ontario Regulation 134/98 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) The administrator may require an applicant, his or her spouse included in the benefit unit and his or her dependent adult to attend an employment information session as part of the application.
2. Subsection 20 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) The application is not complete until,
(a) the application and all accompanying forms, agreements and consents have been completed and signed and have been provided, together with any required verification of information, to the administrator; and
(b) if required by the administrator under subsection 17 (3), the applicant, his or her spouse included in the benefit unit and his or her dependent adult have attended an employment information session.
3. Sections 20.1 to 20.7.1 of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
Preliminary Information and Verification
20.1 (1) Despite sections 17, 18, 19 and 20, if, in preliminary discussions with an applicant, his or her spouse included in the benefit unit or any dependent adult of the applicant, information necessary to determine and verify the applicant’s eligibility for basic financial assistance is obtained before the application for basic financial assistance and accompanying forms have been signed, the administrator may,
(a) request that the applicant, spouse or dependent adult consent orally to the disclosure of the obtained information for purposes of verifying the information; and
(b) based on the oral consent, proceed with the verification of the information.
(2) If oral consent is not given under subsection (1), the administrator shall not proceed with the verification of the information until the application is completed in accordance with subsection 20 (3).
4. (1) Paragraph 2.1 of section 26 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “A literacy screening test” at the beginning and substituting “A literacy screening questionnaire”.
(2) Section 26 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
10. Attending an employment information session required by the administrator.
5. Subsection 40 (2) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Despite subsection (1), the budgetary requirements for a recipient in the month in which falls the recipient’s effective date for eligibility, as determined by the administrator under section 25 of the Act,
(a) with respect to shelter, shall be deemed to be the lesser of,
(i) the amount the administrator has determined for one full month’s shelter cost, and
(ii) the amount of the recipient’s actual shelter costs that remain unpaid on the effective date; and
(b) with respect to basic needs, shall be prorated based on the number of days remaining in the month beginning with the effective date.
6. This Regulation shall be deemed to have come into force on June 16, 2005.