O. Reg. 88/06: MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS
filed March 28, 2006 under Milk Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.12Skip to content
ontario regulation 88/06
made under the
Made: March 24, 2006
Filed: March 28, 2006
Published on e-Laws: March 29, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 15, 2006
Amending Reg. 761 of R.R.O. 1990
(Milk and Milk Products)
1. Subsection 58 (1) of Regulation 761 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding “and amended on March 17, 2006” after “Friday, October 27, 2000”.
2. Section 58.1 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
58.1 (1) In this section,
“addendum 2” means addendum 2 to Schedule A to the agreement described in subsection 58 (1);
“relevant annual period” means the period that begins on December 1, 2005 and ends on November 30, 2006.
(2) Despite subsection 58 (2), with respect to the portion of the relevant annual period that falls on and after the day this section comes into force, the fees payable to the laboratory conducting tests for the sampling and testing of milk are payable by the marketing board and by the operators of plants to which milk is supplied in an amount equal to the industry share of the following costs, as described in addendum 2:
1. The cost of sampling milk.
2. The cost of testing milk for compositional analysis.
(3) Subsections 58 (3) and (4) apply, with necessary modifications, with respect to the fees payable by the marketing board and the operators under subsection (2).
(4) Despite subsection 58 (5), with respect to the portion of the relevant annual period that falls on and after the day this section comes into force, in addition to the fees payable under subsection (3), the marketing board shall pay to the laboratory that is testing milk for somatic cells the amount described in addendum 2 as the marketing board’s share of the total costs for conducting such tests.
(5) The marketing board shall remit to the laboratory the fees received from plant operators and the fees payable by the marketing board under this section, at the time and in the manner set out in the agreement described in subsection 58 (1).
3. This Regulation comes into force on April 1, 2006.
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Gloria Marco Borys
Date made: March 24, 2006.