O. Reg. 96/06: GENERAL
filed March 30, 2006 under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
ontario regulation 96/06
made under the
Health insurance act
Made: March 27, 2006
Filed: March 30, 2006
Published on e-Laws: March 31, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 15, 2006
Amending Reg. 552 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) The definition of “schedule of benefits” in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
“schedule of benefits” means the document published by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care titled “Schedule of Benefits — Physician Services under the Health Insurance Act (October 1, 2005)”, but does not include the “[Commentary…]” portions of the document, or its Appendices A, B, C and F, and includes the following amendments to the document:
1. Amendments dated April 1, 2006;
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) For the purposes of the definition of “schedule of benefits” in subsection (1), the document mentioned in that definition does not include its Appendix H, or its table of contents, alphabetic index or numeric index.
2. Paragraph 6 of subsection 24 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
6. An interview or case conference in respect of an insured person that,
i. lasts more than 20 minutes,
ii. includes a professional, none of whose services are insured services, and
iii. occurs at a place other than a hospital.
3. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (1) comes into force on April 1, 2006.
(3) Subsection 1 (2) shall be deemed to have come into force on October 1, 2005.