O. Reg. 376/06: GENERAL
filed August 14, 2006 under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
ontario regulation 376/06
made under the
health insurance act
Made: August 10, 2006
Filed: August 14, 2006
Published on e-Laws: August 15, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 2, 2006
Amending Reg. 552 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Section 37.1 of Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2.0.1) In this section,
“diagnostic service” means a service rendered by a physician in Ontario that is listed in the schedule of benefits with a technical and professional fee.
(2) Subsection 37.1 (2.3) of the Regulation is revoked.
(3) Section 37.1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(2.5.1) Despite subsection (2), the amount payable for the professional component of a diagnostic service rendered by a physician at a department of a public hospital after the time specified in subsection (2.5.2) and before October 1, 2006 to an in-patient in the hospital is the amount payable for the same service rendered to an out-patient of the hospital.
(2.5.2) The time mentioned in subsection (2.5.1) is the later of April 1, 2006 and the effective date on which the hospital and the physicians routinely practicing in the hospital department notify the General Manager in writing of the hospital’s intention to decline global funding for the professional component of in-patient diagnostic services rendered in the department.
2. (1) Subsection 38.4 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
12.1 If it is required by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan, the master number specified by the Plan for the location at the hospital site at which the service was rendered.
(2) Paragraph 13 of subsection 38.4 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
13. If it is required by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan for a service rendered by a physician in a hospital on or after April 1, 2006, the service location indicator code assigned by the Plan that indicates whether the service was an in-patient, out-patient, day surgery or emergency department service.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Sections 1 and 2 are deemed to have come into force on April 1, 2006.