O. Reg. 381/06: Elections to and Representation on District School Boards
filed August 14, 2006 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 381/06
made under the
Made: August 10, 2006
Filed: August 14, 2006
Published on e-Laws: August 16, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 2, 2006
Amending O. Reg. 412/00
(Elections to and Representation on District School Boards)
1. (1) Section 13 of Ontario Regulation 412/00 is amended by striking out the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting the following:
13. Subject to subsection (2), Part I applies to the 2006 regular election and to any by-election held during the term of office of members of boards that commences immediately after that election, with the following modifications:
. . . . .
(2) Section 13 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) With respect to the application of Part I to the 2006 regular election of members to the Conseil scolaire de district des écoles catholiques du Sud-Ouest and to any by-election held during the term of office of members of that board that commences immediately after that election, the following rules apply:
1. A provision in Part I applies unless its application is specifically modified or negated in paragraphs 2 to 7 or its application would be inconsistent with a rule set out in one of those paragraphs.
2. The population of the board’s electoral group shall be the population that was determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation before Ontario Regulation 381/06 made under the Education Act came into came into force and was reported by the Corporation on June 14, 2006.
3. The number of members to be elected to the board shall be the number that was determined by the board in accordance with section 3 before Ontario Regulation 381/06 made under the Education Act came into force.
4. The reference to “March 31 in each election year” in subsection 4 (1) and section 5 shall be read as “seven days after the day Ontario Regulation 381/06 made under the Education Act is filed”.
5. The board shall not, in a distribution under section 6 or 7, allot to a geographic area a number of members that is different from the sum of the applicable electoral quotients for the geographic area by an amount that is greater than 0.05 times the total number of members.
6. The reference to “April 3 in each election year” in subsection 9 (2) shall be read as “10 days after the day Ontario Regulation 381/06 made under the Education Act is filed”.
7. Section 10 does not apply.