O. Reg. 499/06: GENERAL
filed October 26, 2006 under Aggregate Resources Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. A.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 499/06
made under the
Aggregate Resources Act
Made: August 10, 2006
Filed: October 26, 2006
Published on e-Laws: October 27, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 11, 2006
Amending O. Reg. 244/97
1. Sections 2 and 3 of Ontario Regulation 244/97 are revoked and the following substituted:
2. (1) Every licensee shall pay, on or before March 15, an annual fee of,
(a) in the case of a Class A licence, 11.5 cents per tonne for each tonne of aggregate removed from a site during the previous year or $400, whichever is greater; and
(b) in the case of a Class B licence, 11.5 cents per tonne for each tonne of aggregate removed from a site during the previous year or $200, whichever is greater.
(2) Every holder of a wayside permit shall pay, at the time the permit is issued, a fee of 11.5 cents per tonne based on the maximum number of tonnes that the permit authorizes or $400, whichever is greater.
(3) Every holder of an aggregate permit shall pay, on or before March 15, an annual fee of $200.
3. The fees payable under subsections 2 (1) and (2) shall be disbursed as follows:
1. Twelve-twentythirds to the local municipality in which the site is situated.
2. Three-twentythirds to the county or to the regional municipality in which the site is situated.
3. One-twentythird to the Aggregate Resources Trust for purposes of rehabilitation and research as described in paragraphs 2 and 3 of subsection 6.1 (2) of the Act.
4. The remainder to the Crown.
2. Subsection 4 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) The minimum royalty for purposes of subsection 46 (1) of the Act is 50 cents per tonne.
3. Section 6 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) The parts of Ontario set out in Schedule 4 are designated under subsection 5 (2) of the Act.
4. The Regulation is amended by adding the following Schedule:
1. Those parts of the County of Frontenac consisting of the townships of Central Frontenac and North Frontenac.
2. Those parts of the County of Renfrew consisting of,
(a) the Township of Bonnechere Valley, the Township of Brudenell, Lyndoch and Raglan, the Township of Head, Clara and Maria, the Township of Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards, the Township of Madawaska Valley and the Township of North Algona Wilberforce;
(b) the Township of Greater Madawaska, except the townships of Bagot and Blythfield; and
(c) the towns of Deep River and Laurentian Hills.
3. Those parts of the County of Lennox and Addington consisting of,
(a) the Township of Addington Highlands; and
(b) the Township of Stone Mills, except the Township of Camden East.
4. Those parts of the County of Hastings consisting of,
(a) the Town of Bancroft;
(b) the townships of Carlow/Mayo, Faraday, Limerick and Wollaston;
(c) the Municipality of Hastings Highlands; and
(d) the Township of Tudor and Cashel, except the Township of Tudor.
5. Those parts of the County of Peterborough consisting of,
(a) the Township of Galway-Cavendish-Harvey, except the Township of Harvey;
(b) the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, except the Township of Belmont and the Town of Havelock; and
(c) the Township of North Kawartha.
6. All of the County of Haliburton.
7. Those parts of the Territorial District of Nipissing consisting of,
(a) the Town of Mattawa;
(b) the City of North Bay;
(c) the Municipality of West Nipissing;
(d) the townships of Bonfield, Calvin, Chisholm, East Ferris, Mattawan, Papineau-Cameron and South Algonquin; and
(e) the geographical townships of Airy, Anglin, Antoine, Ballantyne, Barron, Biggar, Bishop, Blyth, Boulter, Bower, Boyd, Bronson, Butler, Butt, Canisbay, Charlton, Clancy, Clarkson, Commanda, Deacon, Devine, Dickson, Eddy, Edgar, Finlayson, Fitzgerald, French, Freswick, Garrow, Gladman, Guthrie, Hammell, Hunter, Jocko, Lauder, Lyman, Lister, Lockhart, Master, McCraney, McLaughlin, McLaren, Merrick, Mulock, Niven, Notman, Olrig, Osborne, Osler, Paxton, Peck, Pentland, Phelps, Poitras, Preston, Sproule, Stewart, Stratton, Thistle, White and Wilkes.
8. All parts of the Territorial District of Parry Sound consisting of,
(a) the townships of Armour, Carling, Joly, Machar, McKellar, McMurrich/Monteith, Nipissing, Perry, Ryerson, Seguin, Strong and The Archipelago;
(b) the municipalities of Powassan, Magnetawan, McDougall, Callander and Whitestone;
(c) the towns of Kearney and Parry Sound;
(d) the villages of Burk’s Falls, South River and Sundridge; and
(e) the geographical townships of Bethune, Blair, Brown, East Mills, Gurd, Hardy, Harrison, Henvey, Laurier, Lount, McConkey, Mowat, Patterson, Pringle, Proudfoot, Shawanaga, Wallbridge and Wilson.
9. All parts of the Territorial District of Muskoka consisting of,
(a) the towns of Bracebridge, Gravenhurst and Huntsville;
(b) the townships of Georgian Bay, Lake of Bays and Muskoka Lakes; and
(c) The District Municipality of Muskoka.
10. Those parts of the Territorial District of Sudbury consisting of,
(a) the Municipality of French River, except the geographical townships of Cosby, Delamere and Hoskin;
(b) the Township of Sables-Spanish River, except the geographical townships of Gough, Hallam, Harrow, May, McKinnon and Shakespeare;
(c) the Town of Killarney;
(d) the Municipality of Killarney;
(e) those parts of the City of Greater Sudbury consisting of the geographical townships of Aylmer, Fraleck, Hutton, MacKelcan, Parkin, Rathburn and Scadding; and
(f) the geographical townships of Bevin, Caen, Carlyle, Cox, Davis, Dunlop, Halifax, Humboldt, Janes, Kelly, Leinster, McCarthy, Munster, Porter, Roosevelt, Shibananing, Truman, Tyrone and Waldie.
11. All parts of the Territorial District of Manitoulin, except Great LaCloche Island and Little LaCloche Island.
12. Those parts of the Territorial District of Algoma consisting of,
(a) the towns of Blind River, Bruce Mines and Thessalon;
(b) the City of Elliot Lake;
(c) the townships of The North Shore, Plummer Additional and Shedden;
(d) the Municipality of Huron Shores; and
(e) the geographical townships of Aberdeen, Boon, Bridgland, Brule, Cadeau, Curtis, Dablon, Daumont, Deagle, Gaiashk, Galbraith, Gerow, Gillmor, Grenoble, Hughes, Hurlburt, Hynes, Kane, Kincaid, Lamming, Laverendrye, Marne, McMahon, Montgomery, Morin, Nicolet, Norberg, Palmer, Parkinson, Patton, Peever, Plummer, Rix, Rose, Ryan, Slater, Smilsky, Wells, Whitman and Wishart.
13. Those parts of the Territorial District of Thunder Bay consisting of,
(a) the City of Thunder Bay;
(b) the Municipality of Neebing; and
(c) the townships of Conmee, Dorion, Gillies, O’Conner, Oliver Paipoonge and Shuniah.
5. This Regulation comes into force on January 1, 2007.