O. Reg. 581/06: Fees and Charges - Priority Lien Status
filed December 27, 2006 under Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25Skip to content
ontario regulation 581/06
made under the
municipal act, 2001
Made: December 21, 2006
Filed: December 27, 2006
Published on e-Laws: December 29, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 13, 2007
fees and charges — priority lien status
Certain public utility fees and charges
1. Fees and charges that are imposed by a municipality or local board under the Act for the following services and added to the tax roll under subsection 398 (2) of the Act have priority lien status as described in section 1 of the Act:
1. For the supply of water.
2. For the supply of artificial or natural gas.
3. For the supply of steam or hot water.
4. For the use of a sewage system.
Certain fees and charges, business improvement
2. (1) Fees and charges that are imposed by a municipality or local board under the Act and meet the requirements of paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection 361 (13) of the Act have priority lien status as described in section 1 of the Act.
(2) Fees and charges described in subsection (1) and imposed before the day this Regulation comes into force have priority lien status effective the day this Regulation comes into force.
3. Ontario Regulation 440/02 is revoked.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day it is filed and the day section 148 of Schedule A of the Municipal Statute Law Amendment Act, 2006 comes into force.
Pris par :
Le ministre des Affaires municipales et du Logement,
John Philip Gerretsen
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Date made: December 21, 2006.
Pris le : 21 décembre 2006.