O. Reg. 430/07: EXEMPTION FROM REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
filed July 27, 2007 under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 11Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 430/07
made under the
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2005
Made: July 25, 2007
Filed: July 27, 2007
Published on e-Laws: July 31, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 11, 2007
EXEMPTION FROM REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
Re accessibility standards for customer service
1. (1) Every provider of goods or services that has fewer than 20 employees, other than a designated public sector organization, is exempted from the requirement to file accessibility reports under section 14 of the Act with respect to the accessibility standards for customer service established by Ontario Regulation 429/07 (Accessibility Standards for Customer Service) made under the Act.
(2) The following are the reasons for this exemption:
1. It is consistent with a phased approach to implementing the Act.
2. It allows the exempted providers of goods or services to focus their efforts and resources on complying with those accessibility standards.
(3) In this section, “designated public sector organization” and “provider of goods or services” have the same meaning as in Ontario Regulation 429/07.
2. This Regulation comes into force on January 1, 2008.