O. Reg. 451/07: Water Taking and Transfer
filed August 10, 2007 under Ontario Water Resources Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.40Skip to content
ontario regulation 451/07
made under the
Ontario Water Resources Act
Made: July 25, 2007
Filed: August 10, 2007
Published on e-Laws: August 13, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 25, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 387/04
(Water Taking and Transfer)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 387/04 is amended by striking out “and Transfer”.
2. Section 1 of the Regulation is revoked.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Prescribed water takings
4.1 (1) The taking of water by any of the means described in subsection 34 (3.1) of the Act by a person who takes the water for use in a facility that falls into a class described in subsection 3 (1) of Ontario Regulation 450/07 is a prescribed taking for the purposes of section 34 of the Act and subsection 34 (3) of the Act applies to the person as of January 1, 2009.
(2) A person whose taking of water is prescribed by subsection (1) shall apply to the Director for a permit under subsection 34 (6) of the Act on or before June 30, 2008.
4. Section 10 of the Regulation is revoked.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.