O. Reg. 465/07: GENERAL
filed August 17, 2007 under Child and Family Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.11Skip to content
ontario regulation 465/07
made under the
Child and family Services Act
Made: August 16, 2007
Filed: August 17, 2007
Published on e-Laws: August 20, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 1, 2007
Amending Reg. 70 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Subsection 37 (2) of Regulation 70 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked.
2. Subsection 49.1 (1) of the Regulation is amended by adding the following paragraph:
6. Any person, other than those referred to in paragraphs 1 to 5, who was required to give consent to the child’s adoption under subsection 137 (2) of the Act.
3. Clauses 50 (3.1) (a) and (b) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(a) the right to obtain non-identifying information under sections 12 and 13 of Ontario Regulation 464/07 (Adoption Information Disclosure) made under the Act; and
(b) the following provisions of the Vital Statistics Act and the rights given to adopted persons and birth parents, as those terms are defined in section 1 of that Act, and to adoptive parents in those provisions:
(i) Section 48.1 (adopted person’s right to obtain uncertified copies of birth registration and of adoption order).
(ii) Section 48.2 (birth parent’s right to obtain information).
(iii) Section 48.3 (right to register notice of contact preference).
(iv) Section 48.4 (right to register no contact notice).
(v) Sections 48.5 and 48.6 (right to apply for order prohibiting disclosure of information to birth parent).
(vi) Section 48.7 (right to apply for order prohibiting disclosure of copies of original birth registration and adoption order to adopted person).
(vii) Section 48.8 (right to apply for reconsideration of order prohibiting disclosure).
(viii) Section 48.9 (the prohibition preventing the Registrar General from disclosing information to a birth parent if the adopted person was a victim of abuse by the birth parent).
(ix) Subsection 48.9 (11) (a birth parent’s right to apply for reconsideration of a determination of abuse).
4. Subsection 67 (2) of the Regulation is revoked.
5. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day section 6 of the Adoption Information Disclosure Act, 2005 comes into force and the day this Regulation is filed.