O. Reg. 498/07: REGISTRATION
filed August 27, 2007 under Medicine Act, 1991, S.O. 1991, c. 30Skip to content
ontario regulation 498/07
made under the
medicine act, 1991
Made: July 11, 2007
Approved: August 22, 2007
Filed: August 27, 2007
Published on e-Laws: August 28, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 15, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 865/93
1. (1) Subsection 2 (2) of Ontario Regulation 865/93 is amended by striking out “and” at the end of clause (c), by adding “and” at the end of clause (d), and by adding the following clause:
(e) have professional liability protection that extends to all areas of practice in compliance with the by-laws.
(2) Subsection 2 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) It is a term, condition and limitation of a certificate of registration that the certificate expires when the holder,
(a) no longer has the standards and qualifications required by clause (2) (b); or
(b) no longer has the professional liability protection required by clause (2) (e).
(3) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(6) If a member fails to provide to the College information about the member or a declaration required under the by-laws, in the form and manner required under the by-laws, the Registrar may give the member notice of intention to suspend the member and may suspend the member’s certificate of registration for failure to provide the information or declaration 60 days after notice is given.
(7) If a member fails to provide to the College evidence that the member holds professional liability protection in compliance with the by-laws when the College requests it, the Registrar shall immediately give the member notice of intention to suspend the member and may suspend the member’s certificate of registration for failure to provide the evidence 15 days after notice is given.
2. Subsection 3 (6) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(6) A former member whose certificate of registration authorizing independent practice has expired under clause 16 (1) (a), (b) or (c) shall, upon application for reinstatement, be deemed to have met the standards and qualifications in this section if he or she,
(a) held the certificate for a continuous period of at least one year; and
(b) submits the application form required by clause 2 (2) (a) within one year after the expiry under clause 16 (1) (a), (b) or (c).
3. Subsection 16 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) A certificate of registration expires upon,
(a) the suspension of the certificate under section 24 of the Health Professions Procedural Code;
(b) the suspension of the certificate under subsection 2 (6) or (7); or
(c) the resignation of the member.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario:
Date made: July 11, 2007.