O. Reg. 110/08: DRIVERS' LICENCES
filed April 24, 2008 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 110/08
made under the
highway traffic act
Made: April 23, 2008
Filed: April 24, 2008
Published on e-Laws: April 24, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 10, 2008
Amending O. Reg. 340/94
1. Subsection 2 (1) of Ontario Regulation 340/94 is amended by striking out “Subject to subsection (6) and sections 5, 6, 7, 8 and 25” at the beginning and substituting “Subject to subsection (6) and sections 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 25”.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
3. The Minister may, based on the results of an examination under clause 15 (1) (b) or (c), including the combination of vehicles driven during the examination by the holder of or applicant for a Class A driver’s licence, impose a condition on the person’s Class A driver’s licence that the person not drive,
(a) a combination of vehicles that constitutes a Class A vehicle consisting of a motor vehicle and more than one trailer; or
(b) a combination of vehicles that constitutes a Class A vehicle consisting of,
(i) a motor vehicle, and
(ii) a single trailer that is equipped with air brakes.
3. Subsection 23 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) Subject to subsection (3), a Class A, B, C, D, E, F or G driver’s licence is authority to drive on a highway any motor vehicle other than a motorcycle for the purpose of receiving instruction in driving it, as long as a person who holds a driver’s licence authorizing the person to drive the motor vehicle occupies a seat beside the driver for the purpose of giving him or her instruction.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of June 16, 2008 and the day this Regulation is filed.