ontario regulation 164/08
made under the
long-term care act, 1994
Made: May 14, 2008
Filed: May 30, 2008
Published on e-Laws: May 30, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 14, 2008
Amending O. Reg. 386/99
(Provision of Community Services)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 386/99 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) A reference in this Regulation,
(a) to an hour of service is a reference to an hour of service received by a person, no matter how many persons provide service to the person during that hour;
(b) to a visit is a reference to a single visit to a person, no matter how many persons participate in that visit.
2. (1) Paragraph 1 of subsection 3 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. 120 hours, in the first 30 days of service.
(2) Paragraph 2 of subsection 3 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “60” at the beginning and substituting “90”.
(3) Subsection 3 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) Despite subsection (1), if a community care access centre determines that extraordinary circumstances exist that justify the provision of additional services, the community care access centre may provide more than the maximum number of hours of homemaking and personal support services set out in that subsection,
(a) to a person who is in the last stages of life;
(b) to a person who is awaiting admission to a long-term care home, and who has been placed on a waiting list by a placement co-ordinator under one of the following regulations and is currently on that list:
(i) Regulation 69 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (General) made under the Charitable Institutions Act,
(ii) Regulation 637 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (General) made under the Homes for the Aged and Rest Homes Act,
(iii) Regulation 832 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (General) made under the Nursing Homes Act; or
(c) for no more than 90 days in any 12-month period, to any other person.
3. Paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection 4 (1) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
1. 120 visits from a registered nurse or a registered practical nurse in a 30-day period.
2. The following number of hours of service in a 30-day period:
i. if services are provided by registered nurses, 184 hours of service,
ii. if services are provided by registered practical nurses, 227 hours of service, or
iii. if the services are provided by both registered nurses and registered practical nurses, 206 hours of service.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.