O. Reg. 200/08: TRANS FAT STANDARDS
filed June 13, 2008 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 200/08
made under the
Made: June 12, 2008
Filed: June 13, 2008
Published on e-Laws: June 16, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 28, 2008
TRANS FAT STANDARDS
Trans fat prohibition
1. (1) A board shall ensure that the trans fat content of a vegetable oil or soft, spreadable margarine offered for sale in a school of the board, or used as an ingredient in the preparation, in a school of the board, of a food or beverage offered for sale in the school, does not exceed 2 per cent of the total fat content.
(2) A board shall ensure that the trans fat content of any food, beverage or ingredient, other than vegetable oil or soft, spreadable margarine, offered for sale in a school of the board, or used as an ingredient in the preparation, in a school of the board, of a food or beverage offered for sale in the school, does not exceed 5 per cent of the total fat content.
Exemptions from the trans fat requirements
2. (1) The requirements regarding trans fat content set out in section 1 do not apply to the board in respect of a food, beverage or ingredient,
(a) in which the trans fat originates exclusively from ruminant meat or dairy products;
(b) offered for sale to a person who is on school premises for a purpose other than a school purpose; or
(c) offered for sale at a school on a day that is designated by the principal of the school as a special event day for the school.
(2) The principal of a school shall solicit the views of the school council with respect to the designation of special event days for the school.
(3) The maximum number of days in the school year that may be designated as special event days for a school is the lesser of 10 and the number determined by the board for the purpose, if any.
3. This Regulation comes into force on September 1, 2008.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Kathleen O’Day Wynne
Minister of Education
Date made: June 12, 2008.
Pris le : 12 juin 2008.