O. Reg. 210/08: GENERAL
filed June 18, 2008 under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
ontario regulation 210/08
made under the
health insurance act
Made: June 17, 2008
Filed: June 18, 2008
Published on e-Laws: June 20, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 5, 2008
Amending Reg. 552 of R.R.O. 1990
1. The definition of “schedule of optometry benefits” in subsection 1 (1) of Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
“schedule of optometry benefits” means the document published by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care titled “Schedule of Benefits for Optometry Services (July 1, 2008)”, but does not include the “[Commentary…]” portions of the document, or any appendix to the document;
2. Section 17 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(4) Despite anything else in this Regulation, the fees set out in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 are, and shall be deemed to have always been, payable under the Plan for the insured services described in those paragraphs in respect of the time periods described in those paragraphs:
1. For periodic oculo-visual assessment rendered to an insured person 65 years of age or older (fee schedule code V406),
i. $46.50 for services rendered after March 31, 2007 and before April 1, 2009, and
ii. $47.00 for services rendered on or after April 1, 2009.
2. For periodic oculo-visual assessment rendered to an insured person 19 years of age or younger (fee schedule code V404), $42.50 for services rendered on and after April 1, 2009.
3. For oculo-visual minor assessment rendered to an insured person older than 19 years of age and younger than 65 years of age (fee schedule code V408), $25.15 for services rendered after March 31, 2007.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 1 comes into force on July 1, 2008.