O. Reg. 414/09: TRANSITIONAL - SMALL DRINKING WATER SYSTEMS
filed October 30, 2009 under Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.7Skip to content
ontario regulation 414/09
made under the
Health Protection and Promotion Act
Made: October 22, 2009
Filed: October 30, 2009
Published on e-Laws: November 3, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: November 14, 2009
Amending O. Reg. 318/08
(Transitional — Small Drinking Water Systems)
1. (1) Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 318/08 is amended by adding the following definition:
“licensed engineering practitioner” means a person who holds a licence, limited licence or temporary licence under the Professional Engineers Act;
(2) The definition of “professional engineer” in section 2 of the Regulation is revoked.
2. Section 12 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Well that serves as entry point of raw water supply
12. The owner and operator of a small drinking water system that includes a well that serves as an entry point of raw water supply shall ensure that the well is constructed and maintained to prevent surface water and other foreign materials from entering the well.
3. Clause 1-5 (b) of Schedule 1 to the Regulation is amended by striking out “professional engineer” and substituting “a licensed engineering practitioner”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of December 14, 2009 and the day this Regulation is filed.