O. Reg. 12/10: GENERAL
filed January 21, 2010 under Public Sector Salary Disclosure Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 1, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 12/10
made under the
public sector salary disclosure act, 1996
Made: January 20, 2010
Filed: January 21, 2010
Published on e-Laws: January 22, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 6, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 85/96
1. Subsection 2 (2) of Ontario Regulation 85/96 is amended by striking out “March 31” in the portion before paragraph 1 and substituting “the fifth business day of March”.
2. Paragraph 7 of subsection 2 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “the Ministry of Energy” at the end and substituting “the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure”.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
2.1 (1) For the purposes of this section,
“designated employer” means an employer described in any of clauses (b) to (n) of the definition of “public sector” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act.
(2) This section applies if an employee of a designated employer is seconded to a ministry.
(3) For the purposes of the Act, a designated employer shall provide the ministry, without charge, a copy of the record or statement that the employer is required to make available for inspection by the public under section 3 of the Act in respect of the employee, and shall do so not later than the fifth business day of March of each year.
(4) For greater certainty, if the ministry receives a record or statement under subsection (3), the ministry may disclose the following information:
1. The name of the ministry.
2. The name of the employee.
3. The name of the designated employer.
4. The position of the employee at the ministry.
5. The amount of salary paid by the designated employer to the employee in the year.
6. The amount of benefits reported to the Canada Revenue Agency under the Income Tax Act (Canada) by the designated employer for the employee in the year.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.