O. Reg. 480/10: Firefighters - Protective Equipment
filed December 6, 2010 under Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1Skip to content
ontario regulation 480/10
made under the
occupational health and safety act
Made: December 1, 2010
Filed: December 6, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 8, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 25, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 714/94
(Firefighters — Protective Equipment)
1. Section 5 of Ontario Regulation 714/94 is revoked and the following substituted:
5. The employer shall provide every firefighter who may be required to perform interior structural fire suppression duties with structural firefighting protective garments that meet or exceed the requirements of the following standard:
1. NFPA 1971 “Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting”, 2007 edition, in the case of garments manufactured on or after March 1, 2007.
2. CAN/CGSB-155.1-M88 “Firefighters’ Protective Clothing for Protection Against Heat and Flame”, in the case of garments manufactured before March 1, 2007.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.